March 3, 2013

Winter Turkey Tracks

Jodi's Book that comes with the mini Square in a Square

Her instructions are concise



Hello Friends,

     Thinking that it is STILL, winter I came across this pattern in Jodi's first book and she does have it on her page in the Videos and hanging on her stairway.  I plan to hang mine on my soon to be lighter yummy blue wall by my stairway too.  Stay with me as I post from my IPhone to Flickr and then to my post. (my camera is in hiding!)....I love Jodi's techniques;  the points are always perfect and her many books that she has out now are just fabulous. In case you don't know about her, she does write fiction historical books also; based on stories and facts of her family and their settlement into America out West.  I love the West!!  She has a Pony Express book with a story and fabric and patterns. I always wanted to be Annie Oakley growing up!! Jodi does have her own fabric now too.
 We once lived in Dallas, so I have a tie to her that way.
  Anyways, today I am cutting this blue and white fabric out in strips today and then to begin her Square in a Square technique....yes, you can hear me humming!! The fabric is from Judie Rothermel and I doubt they make it now, sorry!!
  Please relax and enjoy Jodi's videos;  her link is on the right side of the blog.
 I just want you to feel good about quilting and to be successful in it and this will get you there!!  Maybe its because I did work at one point in OB and I always wanted those precious ladies to be happy in nursing their babes too......These quilts are my babies now!!!
Sturbridge Village Blue
So,  I promise!!  you won't look back!!
 Quilted Blessings!! Karen

No comments: