December 23, 2013

Helping Hands

As life goes on, we can help another person up...we can do that through just listening and praying to our Creator for their needs known and unknown.I had a sweet call from my older sister tonight, we had so much fun and lots of work together those years on Cherry Street. A large family to work and care for...she quilts with arthritis now, it hurts?....yes, but she keeps going on...Love her.
  God holds us in the hallow of His hand.  Time does age us all...one day at a time; as a 100 year old,  handsome man once told me from his hospital bed...bright and cheerful....he was content with his Century of living and ready to meet his Lord.  That is sweet and I am SURE he had struggles along the way...many, as we all do.  Learning to live in His presence may be the whole purpose of belonging in His family....just lean down and help that person....you will find them if you look for them....of course, one of my answers to a need is to give them a quilt too....
God bless you in the way that you need this Christmas....43 years ago I had just given birth to our first baby....a girl....and her Daddy was in a far off land in a war that no one wanted but over 50,000 gave their young lives for.....we had our first anniversary with him on his bunk and me on his parents farm...making cassettes of baby noises to send to him and pictures galore...my family reached into my life then....loved me and loved my baby and loved my husband....Love Is The Greatest Gift....given to us in Bethlehem...with a tiny human heart that would grow into a man that would be pierced on the Cross and shed once and for all....for us all......He reached down and "helped" us all..........  Praise Be!!.....maybe Mary was a quilter?....I bet she was!!.....Blessings! and have a blessed blessed Christmas Eve and Day......Karen

No comments: