December 10, 2013

Hibernation Is NOT just for Bears!

Naughty or Nice?
I think I am hibernating...winter has hit fast with its' wind and cold weather....when I run out to the garage the poor Goldens' think I am heading for my "walk"....I wish....sweet Sunny Boy just gets into a fast pace and looks back at me and says...."Come on, girlfriend, get your walk on!".....
Christmas is soon approaching....I have been enjoying Ann Voskamps' The Greatest Gift on the Advent... she is amazing....
Just cute!!
And, of course, I am a Santa Gram.....totally.....I do enjoy the little ones....and since they all love their dolls yet, we have some larger gifts this year for the 18 inch dolls they love to play with...last year was my sewing extravaganza for them......this year, not so much.....actually I am painting a blue wall up our stairs to loft and down to basement from blue to yellow.....
  I love the nail picture I found on Pintrest...what a great source of ideas from everything from Quilting to Gardening to "nails".....
I even have looked over some old photos of the family....my husbands' father died when he was 2 years old....his Dad had rheumatic fever as a kid but did not rest and stop his chores on the farm......later, after my hub was born his father found his heart and body were weakening...and he died suddenly just after he had sent for my hub to return home to be with him.....he must have known.....anyways.....they had a Christmas with a toddler and a 9yr old daughter that year before he passed 2 months later.....
Life is a journey.....God so loved the world that He gave Us His only Begotten Son that those that believe on Him would not perish but have everlasting life....I have loved that verse since I was a child
.....that baby in the manger we see this time of year.....his little heart to grow into an adults' heart....Gods' beating heart for us.......
A Christmas in Plymouth Michigan
Have a safe December!.....sit down and count your blessings as you enjoy your friends and family this season, is my wish....Quilted, of course!   Karen


Husbands' Parents in the late 30's

No comments: