January 25, 2014

Cherry Blossoms In January

Why not start Spring in January?...Crazy you say?  Not us in NW Indiana these days!  Our son has come to a twist in his transplant....but we are glad that his donor knows of an issue with her kidneys and will be checked out; so, our son will have to wait a few more months for another live donor to be taken through the battery of tests and exams to prepare for the "gift" that he or she may be giving to our son and his family.  Patience is a tried virtue in our life journeys.
So, sew.... Sew! The Cherry Blossom Quilt is to look forward to Spring and his transplant completed!

I chose Fig Tree Quilts' Cherry Blossom Quilt.  Please check her blog out and scroll down to the picture of this quilt that was entered into a Charity Quilt Auction.
 I am, now, ready to piece.  It does take time to cut it all out,  but if my new camera and I can bond and download properly later, I will give you a peak on my progress.
The winter keeps Lasting and Coming as in the The Long Winter in Little House On The Prairie stories that I read to all our kids years ago. 
 We don't have snow up to our 2nd story but, last night the big ol' cabin we live in, creaked like a barn as the 30mph+ winds blew and hit it through the night.  Early morning, before daylight,  I woke to.... silence....amazing!...
.....lane drifted closed....
gotta love a hub who is healthy and able to dig us out as needed!
So, lets' celebrate together....today..... Cherry Blossoms!!! in the snow............ Blessings!!


No comments: