June 25, 2014

Nested

Working on the Nested Churn Dash, I discovered again how weak I am at making Half Square Triangles.  I found the greatest tutorial for squaring the HST up also at Diary Of A Quilter. She is a great young lady that can make things more simple for us all!! So, try her technique and tell us what you think.  The photo below is from Quilt Jane and I bought her pattern on Craftsy; a wonderful online source for patterns, classes, etc!!

I did wake up early this morning and want to get down to my Suziebell and start quilting my Ride On Quilt for a sweet Grandgal, Maddie ,who is 15 going on 16 and needs a New Quilt to spruce up her room and also show she is "growing up".....it happens!!!.....anyways, yesterday I did work on the Churn block and had to make two to make one.....that is a Quilters' Math at times.....it happens!!!.....I did use different colors than the one shown, but the one here is just perfect!!.....so please check out the  great tutorial mentioned previously.
You won't regret it!!.......

 I also found a paper piecing pattern that is on Bing...it is 95% scale, so I am not sure what size you would have as in block size...but it would help with the points and piecing laying straight...I am going to try it later too..... If you have not done paper piecing try going to You Tube and there are several videos there.....you can check my archives too.....

The weather is NON rainy and cooler today and tomorrow so I do have to keep Staining on our Cabin but a Quilter has to do what she has to do!!!....it happens!!!.....Keep Calm and Quilt On!!  Blessings!!!

1 comment:

StitchinByTheLake said...

This is a beautiful block Karen - the churn dash was one of the first quilts I made but not this nested one! blessings, marlene