August 22, 2014

School Days


Get a cup of Java or Tea......

I am still in classes, let's say, while my URI improves and my inhale and exhale is much "clearer".   Not fun coughing all night though...but it is getting better.  I am thankful for a body that can fight and win !!!

So, while "in class" online I found Jamie Wallen.   In this video he shows the use of his wonderful tool that he designed for applique quilting.   It can be purchased at Quilters Apothecary.


Do you longarm alot.....I DO longarm ALOT; sew it was also great  to learn how to REALLY oil my bobbins Longarm Hook ... WHO KNEW!?

 I sure didn't.

 He also has a tool that will unwarp the bobbin case....OH MY!!....that is the rattle that I hear.  I am so thankful to learn these things!!
Jamie Wallen Quilting on Pinterest

I know this is a long post but his idea for "light" over the longarm work you are doing is really something I am asking my Hub to make me. Jamie calls it a Side Light and he gives all the instructions to make one..I am thinking I could even do it myself!!.....

 I also admire the time he takes to mark his quilt tops, align things, and even give tips on helping with the "fullness" that some borders end up with... to me, since he is a guy, he has a different approach to things; like an engineer would.   So, since I am married to such a kind of guy, it just clicked for me yesterday.

I have a few more videos of his to watch today.  He is available to come to your guild also; just check out his schedule here......Jamie Wallen Workshops
This has just been a 'GOOD' cold, if there can be one; I can see Romans 8:28 working here too.

So, there you go, if you are still reading; God Bless You!!!.....please have a God rich day and rest in Him.....and of course, if you love quilting as much as I do, make a stitch or two for me today.....
 I do hope to return to my Fig Tree House Quilt tomorrow.  I am seeing it on our bed....soon!

You Bless Me for stopping by!!!

No comments: