May 8, 2013

Chevrons

Hi jumped into paper piecing this past year....and I just jumped into Chevrons with the technique!! Craftsy   is a excellent source for patterns and classes.  I can't say enough about them!
Paper piecing Chevron for Doll Quilt
I am doing the Chevron for a Doll Quilt for my swap partner this month with Doll Monthly....she mentioned she loved modern and Kaffe Fassett fabric also.  So I did some of his in the chevron and also around the outside edge.  I still have to quilt it, I just finished up the top tonight.  Enjoy finding your own pattern at Craftsy. 
 Tomorrow I garden and help my hub on his day off outside......I may try to take a few pictures of our Grandgals quilts by the Pink Almond Bush.....we will see!.......Quilted Blessings!!.....really!!!    Karen

Fun!

Pattern on thin paper

4 Units of A and B
I must say too, that when you put the pieces together it was easier to remove the paper first...then you can stick your pins at 4 intersections of this pattern down through the middle...matching the white strips .... this will keep it from moving....I heard a quilter once that said to start the seam from the middle and sew out to the edge and then go the other way from the middle...it helps it keep inplace.....I still need to try that!......
Drop over to Pinterest too and enjoy more Chevrons.....

No comments: