March 5, 2014

Spooling

Lori Holts Tutorial
I think I just made a new word up but in the Quilters' World... SPOOLING :)
....a Spool Quilt.....Gotta have one.....so I have to make one....right after Jobs'Tears!!....I usually tear up when I laugh hard, don't you?
...actually, I have been known to have to pull over while driving if our group in the vehicle get me laughing...my eyes close and tears come and it is a "mess"....but a fun mess.....I won't tell you my experience with laughter while driving through Atlanta...I am sure that my sweet passengers have tried to forget that trip too!!
Ok, so onto the Spool News of the Day.....Lori Holt, yep, she is at it again! and again!!...love that gal!!...she has a tutorial......  There is also a class with Joanna Figueroa  on Craftsy, I did purchase this class and love all her ideas and arrangements of Old quilt patterns with fresh new ideas and her fabric is just gorgeous on any quilt block!....
These two spool quilts have two totally different looks....I am bending toward Joannas' myself.....
  So, just know as the old song goes...."Big girls don't Cry"....Beach Boys....... or "It's My Party and I'll Cry if I want too, Cry if I want too......you would cry too if it happened to You".....opps....just dated myself!!......really, laugh alot.....and cry with laughter if you want....be encouraged today.....I am counting my blessings....you are certainly one of them!

Pause.......

I must add the Sew We Quilt  blog HOP on RUFFLES...you must visit for several days to see all the goooood things! Love that Madam Samm !

Now I have to admit I have to be good and count SNOW AGAIN as a blessing....yep, it is snowing...the Goldens just came in with snow on their backs....big fluffy flakes, the kind you love at Christmas....have you seen the pictures of Niagra Falls?....frozen....with colored light under the snow....can I say More?....you bet! now you stop laughing! I know I am Gabby.....but I shut up when Quilting.....so!!  ....Quilted Hugs!!!  


1 comment:

StitchinByTheLake said...

I've never made a spool quilt but I've often eyed them thinking I want one! blessings, marlene