June 18, 2014

A Quilted Life

I must thank Lori Holt for her wonderful pattern of mini quilts
of CUT, SEW, PRESS, QUILT....so much fun!  When they are completely quilted they are heading to my Longarming Walls!!....no my walls don't really have long arms.  The English language is a bit funny at times.
  I just ran across a blog with a video on it Thank You From Granny.  It shows a sweet older saint who, I assume, has now gone to her Lord and her love of being able to learn to Quilt.
Be sure to scroll down the page to find Grannys' Sweet face.

 I express my Thank you to my sweet best friend who taught me how to Hospice Nurse and then connected me to Quilting.  We went to lessons after work 60 miles away. What fun we had and then, later,  we set up a small Quilt Shop in a Summer Kitchen on my small farm.  Not soon after, though, we sold the farm and moved to a town where my hub could finish his BS in Nursing.
 All too soon, God called Linda home.....after breast cancer....but Oh, how she taught me to live and love and embrace life....and to give your life as a gift to serve others.
 I imagine you all have that special connection that started you into your Quilted Journey.  God keeps giving me new folks and the love of Quilting just increases.  What a joy!!  Quilt on!!  Quilted Blessings!! 
Hope you enjoy Granny!!......Karen

4 comments:

Val said...

Ok. I already love your blog and I've just read the first post. Thank you for loving Granny. She was precious. There are many posts about her and her quilts on my blog. Go to archives and look under visits with granny. Or just granny. I miss her so.

Val said...

Y'all both are so very sweet. Thank you. Granny lives on.

Karen said...

She gives me peace when I come to the blog!! such a wonderful photo; thank you for allowing us to "post" her.

miss lillie rose said...

Thanks for the posst